Who we are:
The Early Years SEN Team consists of Early Years SEN Advisory Teachers and Early Years SEN Specialist Practitioners. We work with early years providers (private, voluntary, and independent) within the London Borough of Hounslow.
Who the service is for:
The team works with Ofsted registered early years providers to help develop quality inclusive provision and to support the inclusion of children from 0 - 5 years with special educational needs and/or disability (SEND). Please note we do not work directly with parents and/or the child.
How to access the service:
Each early years setting has an allocated Early Years SEN Advisory Teacher who is the main point of contact for the setting SENCO. They are available to offer advice and support on any matters relating to inclusion and/or SEND.
Each Childminder has an allocated Early Years SEN Specialist Practitioner who is their first point of contact for any matters relating to inclusion and/or SEND.
What support we provide:
We fulfil the remit of the Area SENCO role (SEND Code of Practice 0 – 25 years: January 2015 page 89-90)
• Providing advice and practical support about approaches to identification, assessment and intervention
• Providing guidance and advice to setting SENCOs to ensure arrangements are in place to support children with SEND within their provision
• Promoting links between the setting, parent, health services and schools
• Providing training to early years practitioners to develop good inclusive practice
• Promoting effective transitions from early years settings to school nursery and reception classes
• Supporting in the development of quality inclusive environments and practice
• Signposting to services on the Local Offer