Little Lions Playgroup
At Little Lion’s playgroup we offer a warm and caring learning environment for children aged 2-4 years. We have full-time and part-time spaces from 8.45am to 3.45pm term time only.
Children have the opportunity to develop skills and make achievements all while playing and taking part in fun activities. Our staff support each child’s development making sure that activities are at their individual level of learning development. We encourage children to have a positive view of themselves and develop social skills by playing with other children.
Our setting is based in Lionel Primary school in the early year’s department. We are on the ground floor and have access to a large garden area that we use every day. We encourage children to physically challenge themselves while staying safe.
Our qualified staff work closely with parents to make sure we are meeting all their children’s needs. We ask parent s to send in observations of achievements the children have made outside the setting. We send out newsletters so parents know what the children will be doing each half term.
Our staff are trained in
- 1st aid
- Child Protection
- Food Hygiene
- PALS (playing and learning to socialise)
- A box full of feelings.
- Sign for success (signing with babies and young children)
- SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disability
- Named SENCO
- Mrs Smith
We are committed to meeting the needs of all the children that use our setting and have experience in:
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Speech and Language delays
Our SENCO is trained and attends regular forums to keep her training up to date. She is also trained in delivering the following:
- PALS, Play and learning to socialise a small group activity to support child's social and emotional development.
- Signs for Success, using sign language along with speech to support a child's communication, language and understanding.
- Small groups targets to a child's development needs.
- We are on the ground floor with easy access to the garden.
- Our toilets are located on the ground floor.
- We use picture cues and a visual timetable throughout the setting.
- 020 8560 5323
- Name of venue
- Lionel Primary School
Lionel Road North
- TW8 9QT
- H91, E3, 65, 237, 267 and 391
- Inspection Outcome
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 23/03/2016 Re-inspection (Early Years Register) Good
Registration details and inspection reports for this provider can be viewed on the Ofsted website.
- Free Places for 2 year olds
- Free Places for 3 & 4 year olds (15 hours)
- Free Places for 3 & 4 year olds (30 hours)
- Tax Free childcare payments
- Childcare voucher payments
- Age Range
- From 2 years to 4 years