The Travel Buddy Service
Travel buddy service
We provide independent travel training and travel support to adults with disabilities and mental health difficulties giving choice and control in accessing mainstream forms of transport
This support is provided by adults with disabilities who are employed as travel buddies by the London Borough of Hounslow.
Core services provided are:
- Travel training
- One to one travel support
- Group buddy support
- One off journey support
- Safety awareness workshops for residents
To be eligible for the service you need to be:
- aged 16 or over and living within the London Borough of Hounslow
- have a disability or mental health difficulty
- be aiming to increase and show a commitment to developing your independent travelling skills.
- be willing and able to travel using public transport
- be physically able to walk short distances
- be known to a professional who is able to provide information on your disability.
Who to contact
- Georgia Metzger
020 8583 6160
The role of this directory is to provide information. It is your personal responsibility to make sure that organisations are appropriate and safe for you, your child or young person before they attend. Please read our guide to staying safe - things to consider