Harvard Park Pre-School
We can offer wraparound sessions picking up children from Smallberry Green Nursery Schools. Children who turn 3 and 4 years old will receive funded childcare and early education place the term following their 3rd birthday. This is 15 hours per week and is delivered over 5 days for morning children and 4 days for afternoon children. This is also the same for our 2 year olds. 30 hours funded childcare also available
We offer settling in periods and take children who are not toilet trained.
Please call for an appointment to come and have a look around meet the manager and team to register.
- Named SENCO
- Carol Mayell (temporary) supported by Nicki and Tracey
Our team is very experienced in supporting and meeting the needs of children with a range of additional needs including:
- speech, language and communication needs (SLCN)
- social communication difficulties (SCD)
- hearing impairment (HI)
- visual impairment (VI
- developmental delay (DD)
- a diagnosis of Down Syndrome
- a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
We are currently supporting children with the following needs:
- speech and language needs
- social communication difficulties
- a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD
We welcome children with a range of needs.
We have staff trained in the following:
- British Sign Language (BSL)
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
- Supporting children with sensory needs
- Supporting children with attention and listening difficulties
- Use of visual aids
- Bucket Time
- Special Time
- Intensive Interaction
We have staff that are training in running a range of small group interventions including:
- Playing and Learning to Socialise Programme (PALS)
- Early Communication Skills Groups
- Attention & Listening Groups
SENCO/staff are confident in using a range of screening tools to support with early identification of needs
SENCO/staff are trained in writing and implementing targeted plans/individual support plans (ISPs).
SENCO/staff are confident in making referrals to outside agencies as and when required e.g. Speech and Language Therapy Service.
The setting SENCO is experienced in making requests for consideration of statutory assessment.
The setting SENCO is experienced in making contributions / managing Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs)
The setting SENCO/staff is experienced in working with a range of outside professionals/specialists e.g. Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Advisory Teachers for Hearing Impairment.
We are willing to undertake training and/or obtain advice from outside professionals/specialists to meet the needs of children with additional needs accessing our provision.
- Our building is accessible and is all on one level.
- Wheelchair access at the main door
- We have two disabled parking bays in the car park.
- We have disabled toilets (both for adults and children to access) and changing facilities.
- We have toilets on the ground floor.
- Access to the outdoor area is on one level.
- There is a paved section in the garden area.
- Small group rooms are available.
- We have a carpeted area in the main room.
- We have furniture that can be moved.
Reasonable adjustments/adaptations will be made, where appropriate, in accordance with the requirements of the Equality Act (2010).
We want all children to access the curriculum opportunities off site, including trips. The SENCO will meet with the parents/carers of a child with specific needs to plan how to make adjustments to ensure accessibility. A risk assessment would be written with the parents/carers if required.
- Inspection Outcome
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 09/07/2019 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
Registration details and inspection reports for this provider can be viewed on the Ofsted website.
- Has vacancies
- Drop off to and collect from
- Smallberry Green Primary
- Opening Times
Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday to Friday 8.30 11.30 Monday to Friday 12:30 16:15
- Term Time Contracts
Amount Cost Type Please call to find out prices
- Free Places for 2 year olds
- Free Places for 3 & 4 year olds (15 hours)
- Free Places for 3 & 4 year olds (30 hours)
- Tax Free childcare payments
- Childcare voucher payments
- Age Range
- From 2 years to Rising 5 years