The Learning Tree Childcare
At our Graduate-led setting we continue our ethos of encouraging learning opportunities through outdoor play.
The setting has access to a large indoor and secure outdoor area. Our emphasis is on the concept of Forest School. We have Forest School Sessions for smaller groups of children to give them the opportunity to build up their confidence and having the chance to talk and share their ideas. We currently have two Forest School Leaders in the setting.
Our children have access to a very large sports field to encourage our families to promote a healthy lifestyle for our children.
We have forged a strong relationship with Syon Boys School; as part of their leadership and management training they lead 6-8 sessions on an annual basis with our young children, aiming to engage children in a variety of sport and physical literacy opportunities. Most recently the group joined us on one of our full day Forest School Outings to keep the momentum going and to experience an insight into what we believe in at The Learning Tree.
We have three separate spaces; a space for our babies aged under two, a space for our two year olds and a space for our three and four year olds.
Please do get in touch and ask for Mona if you would like to come along for a visit.
We look forward to meeting you.
The Learning Tree Childcare
Challenge, Discovery, Adventure
- Named SENCO
- Mona Mirza
Whilst the setting has not had large numbers of children with SEND. We have been successful in identifying children who require additional support. We have as a result been able to successfully support the children prior to their transition to another setting.
- Multi-Sensory Song Time
- Playing and Learning to Socialise Program (PALS)
- Listening and attention difficulties
- Speech and language development
- Speech and Language Screening
The Learning Tree gives regard to the SEND Code of Practice; staff working with children with special needs are committed to the following:
- early identification
- early intervention
- inclusive education physical environment
- partnership with parents
- multi-agency collaboration
We are committed to supporting staff with ongoing training. All staff are expected to complete the Positive Interaction training as part of our commitment to the Let's Talk Together Programme. This programme is helping all of our practitioners to support the children in our setting with their language development.
The following are some of the courses that the team have attended:
- Positive Interaction
- Playing & Learning Adventurously
- Supporting Children with Attention & Listening Difficulties
- Supporting children with Toilet Training
- Singing Hands Singing & Signing
- Supporting Children with Social Communication Difficulties
- Early Identification & Inclusive Practise in Early Years Settings
- Writing Individual Support Plans
- Supporting Children with Speech, Language & Communication Needs
- Supporting Children with Social, Mental & Emotional Health Needs
- Letters & Sounds Phase 1 - A Musical Approach
- An Intro to Playing and Learning to Socialise Program (PALS)
- A Box Full of Feelings Resource
- Working with Reluctant Speakers & Selective Mutism
The building does not restrict access.
Whilst we have no stairs in the building there are a few steps.
We advise all families to come for a visit to discuss your child's individual needs and to assess if any reasonable adjustments can be made to ensure that your child is able to access all facilities and opportunities at the setting.
- Inspection Outcome
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 10/12/2018 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding
Registration details and inspection reports for this provider can be viewed on the Ofsted website.
- Has vacancies
- Opening Times
Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday to Friday 08:00:00 18:00:00
- Term Time Contracts
- Further details
We are open Monday to Friday for 51 weeks of the year. We are closed on all bank holidays and one week at Christmas.
- Free Places for 2 year olds
- Free Places for 3 & 4 year olds (15 hours)
- Free Places for 3 & 4 year olds (30 hours)
- Tax Free childcare payments
- Childcare voucher payments
- Age Range
- From 6 months to 5 years