Old Town Playgroup
Old Town Playgroup has been providing childcare services for local residents for over 30 years.
Qualified staff with level 2 & 3 qualifications in childcare and fluent in many languages.
Staff to children ratios always meets the requirement of Early Years Foundation Stage(EYFS).
We have good relationship with children and parents which is reflected in our 2015 Ofsted inspection report.
We have built up a wealth of experience with children with SEND over the years. We have worked with children who have had:
- Speech and Language needs
- Social communication difficulties
- Sensory needs
- Down syndrome
- Visual impairment
- Eating problems
- Needs related to attention difficulties
- Medical needs such as epilepsy.
All of our staff work to the principle of the early identification of special educational needs. At the point of identification, we work with parents and with their permission, we refer to the relevant professionals from Health and the Local Authority such as Early Years SEN Advisory Teacher, Speech and Language Therapist or Occupational Therapist accordingly.
Our Early Years SEN Advisory Teacher offers support and guidance in meeting the needs of children with SEND and to provide advice in creating Inclusion Support Plan targets to provide tailored intervention to meet children's specific needs. The intervention methods we use include:
- ‘Early Communication Skills Groups’ and ‘Special Time’ to help with communication
- ‘Bucket Time’ to help with attention skills
- ‘Intensive Interaction’ to help with social interaction
- Identiplay’ to develop play skills
- Messy Play
- ‘What’s in the bag’ to help with language and Turn-taking activities to support social skills, etc.
We also use visual timetables and objects of reference to help children with their understanding of instructions, routine and transition times in the setting.
Many children with SEND who we supported previously had made huge progress in communication and language and their confidence. Parent feedback has been very positive and parents have been very happy with their children’s improvement and our work. If there is anything new for us, we are always happy to learn from the parents and send our staff to do the relevant training
We have many staff who have had training to support children with Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) and when any new training courses are available, we always send our staff to keep their skills and knowledge up to date.
The training courses include:
- Developing Awareness of SEND Children' level 1 and level 2
- Supporting Children with Social and Communication Needs
- Supporting Children with Sensory Needs
- Supporting children with Speech and Language Needs
- Makaton workshop
- Setting is on one level and wheelchair accessible
- We have a toilet for disabled children and adults
- We have a lot of SEN toys and resources to support children doing different activities
- We have experienced one to one staff to support our children with SEND
- Contact Name
- Saroj Rathor
020 8572 1092
- Name of venue
- Old Town Playgroup
9 Montague Road
- TW3 1JY
- Inspection Outcome
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 02/11/2017 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
Registration details and inspection reports for this provider can be viewed on the Ofsted website.
- Has vacancies
We have morning and afternoon spaces.
- Opening Times
Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 08.55 15.35 Tuesday 08.55 11.55 Wednesday 08.55 15.35 Thursday 08.55 15.35 Friday 08.55 15.35
- Term Time Contracts
- Further details
Please note we only offer morning sessions on Tuesdays
Amount Cost Type £18.00 Per Session
- Free Places for 2 year olds
- Free Places for 3 & 4 year olds (15 hours)
- Free Places for 3 & 4 year olds (30 hours)
- Tax Free childcare payments
- Childcare voucher payments
- Age Range
- From 2 years to 5 years