Sticky Faces Day Nursery
We want to give your child the very best start in life. It is why we work in partnership with you to ensure your child enjoys every benefit from their time at our nursery. We promote children’s independent learning, providing activities and play opportunities that help them to learn at their own pace. All in a warm, comfortable and stimulating environment, where your child will develop as a person with a positive image of themselves and others.
At Sticky Faces Day Nursery, we are committed to nurturing every child’s imagination and creativity, building their confidence through praise and caring. We guide their social skills by encouraging sharing, respect and trust. And, of course we encourage their natural love of learning too.
- Named SENCO
- ToniAnn Leavey
Our SENCO and staff are experienced in supporting the needs of children with a range of additional needs, which include:
- Speech, Language and Communication Needs (SLCN)
- Social Communications Difficulties (SCD)
- Hearing Impairment (HI) -Visual Impairment (VI)
- Developmental Delay (DD)
- Downs Syndrome
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Global Delay
- Physical Needs
Our SENCO, TonniAnn is passionate and knowledgeable as a SENCO professional and has completed a number of courses, which enable her to carry out her role with confidence.
ToniAnn has a wealth of knowledge and ideas having completed sessions 1 - 6 in SENCO, in addition, regularly undertakes additional training, attends forums, keeps abreast of current initiatives, developments and information in her field.
This enables our SENCO to:
- Use a range of screening tools to support with early identification needs
- Make requests for consideration of statutory assessment
- Make contributions/managing Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP's)
- Work with a range of outside professionals and specialist including Speech and Language, Occupation Therapy, Advisory Teachers, for hearing impairments -
- Write and implement targeted and/or Individual Support Plans (ISPs)
- Have undergone Inclusion Training
In addition to these, our SENCO and staff are trained in the following:
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
- Supporting children with sensory needs
- Supporting children with attention and listening difficulties
- Use of visual aids
- Bucket time
- Special time
- Intensive interaction
- Identity play
- Multi-Sensory Time
Sticky Faces Day Nursery offers the following to ensure we best meet the needs of both our children and parents and carers.
The policy and ethos of our setting is in line with our duties in relation to the Equality Act 2010.
Reasonable provisions and adjustments will be offered and made (where appropriate), to ensure we can meet the needs of children with SEN and disability.
We currently have the following access provisions:
- Ramp Access
- Spacious Play Room
- Separate Nap Area
- Quiet Sensory room for one to one
- Our building is accessible and all on one level
- Wheelchair access at the main door
- Toilets on the ground floor
- Handrails in the toilet area
- Paved section in the garden area
- Small group room available
- Furniture that can be moved or adjusted
We want all children to access the curriculum opportunities off site including trips. The SENCO will always meet with parents/carer of a child with specific needs, to plan how to make adjustments to ensure accessibility.
A risk assessment would be written with the parents/carer if required. In addition to this, we use the Tapestry system, that allows us to publish observations and photos for the parent to view their child's progress at our nursery.
- Contact Name
- ToniAnn Leavey or Lauren Edwards
- 020 8061 0329
Mission Hall, Mission Square
- TW8 0SD
- Numbers 65, 235, 267 and 237
- Kew Bridge or Brentford
Registration details and inspection reports for this provider can be viewed on the Ofsted website.
- Has vacancies
- Opening Times
Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday to Friday 8.00am 5.30pm
- All Year Round
Amount Cost Type £37.00 Per Morning Session £30.00 Per Afternoon Session £64.00 Per Day
- Free Places for 2 year olds
- Free Places for 3 & 4 year olds (15 hours)
- Free Places for 3 & 4 year olds (30 hours)
- Tax Free childcare payments
- Childcare voucher payments
- Age Range
- From 2 to 5 years