Smart Play Heston
Smart Play Heston is a loving, caring and friendly preschool. We have a team of qualified staff who provide high quality childcare and education. We do this by stimulating the children with a range of activities which are both indoor and outdoor. we provide an inclusive service to meet the needs of individual children, their culture, family backgrounds and their development stage of learning. We are a group of practitioners with multi-cultural backgrounds and we can speak Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu and Farsi.
We have a key person system which gives your child a special adult who builds a relationship of shared trust and care with your child and you. Each child is unique and special and we create an individual record of their development using the seven areas of learning.
- Named SENCO
- The designated SENCO for Smart Play is called Amerdeep Shdana (SENCO lead) and Sobia Rao, Harpreet Johal, Tej Gulati are Inclusion workers. Our SENCO works full time in this role. She has completed the Hounslow SENCO training provided by the Local Authority. She attends regular SEND training and forums to keep up to date with knowledge and current initiatives.
Our team is very experienced in supporting and meeting the needs of children with a range of additional needs including:
- Speech, Language and Communication needs
- Social Communication difficulties
- Visual Impairment
- Developmental delay
- a diagnosis of Down Syndrome
- a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Physical Difficulties
We are currently supporting children with:
- Social and Communication difficulties
- Physical Difficulties
- Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties
We have staff trained in:
- Picture Exchange Communication system
- supporting children with sensory needs
- supporting children with attention and listening difficulties
- use of visual aids
- Bucket Time
- Special Time
- Intensive Interaction
- Structure activities
- Identical play
We have staff that are training in running a range of small group interventions including Attention and Listening group, Box full of Feeling and Early Communication group called Chatter time.
We undertake training and obtain advice from outside professionals to meet the needs of children with additional needs accessing our provision.
- Our building is accessible and is all on one level.
- We have one disabled toilet for children to access and changing facilities.
- Access to the outdoor area is on one level.
- Contact Name
- Mrs Amerdeep Kaur Shdana
- 07400 906942
309 Vicarage Farm Road
- TW5 0DR
- Inspection Outcome
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 17/10/2017 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
Registration details and inspection reports for this provider can be viewed on the Ofsted website.
- Has vacancies
We currently have fully free places available for 2, 3 and 4 year olds
- Opening Times
Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday to Friday 9:30 am 4:00 pm Monday to Friday AM 9:30 am 12:30 pm Monday to Friday PM 1:00 pm 4:00 pm
- Term Time Contracts
Amount Cost Type £39 Per Day £18 Per Morning Session £18 Per Afternoon Session
- Free Places for 3 & 4 year olds (30 hours)
- Age Range
- From 2 years to 5 years