Support for education and school professionals SENSS
If you work in a school setting with children and young people aged 0 to 19, you can get advice about supporting young people with:
- Visual impairment
- Hearing impairment
- Physical disabilities and
- Complex medical conditions
You can get support and guidance on how to support a child with sensory and physical disabilities, complex medical needs, training needs for staff, specialist equipment and much more.
People we support
- teachers, support staff and other professionals
- families with children under 5 years old with complex needs
- private, voluntary and independent organisations, and pre-school settings
SEND support you can get
- assessment of a child's sensory and physical disability needs
- training (including mentoring teachers undergoing training in hearing, visual and multi-sensory impairment)
- advice and information
- classroom, curriculum and access support
- home/ school liaison
- contact with other professionals
- monitoring how support is implemented and the impact it's having
- specialist equipment guidance
- service for pre-school children with complex disabilities
Areas covered by support
if you are a SENCO please complete a request for involvement.
If you’re a professional working with young people and need advice on a child's disabilities, medical condition or sensory impairments please complete a referral.
- Referral required?
- Age Range
School setting with young people aged 0 - 19 years
- SEND Details
Who to contact
- SENSS Team
- 020 8583 2874
The role of this directory is to provide information. It is your personal responsibility to make sure that organisations are appropriate and safe for you, your child or young person before they attend. Please read our guide to staying safe - things to consider