The Little School Daycare (1)
The Little School is situated in Brentford. We provide high quality care and exceptional education for babies, toddlers and pre-school children.
We operate from 2 separate buildings which provide safe, secure and age appropriate rooms. Each of the rooms have specialised facilities to support the individual child's learning and development, including a sensory and soft play room.
We have a dedicated and committed staff team who are all either qualified, or are studying towards a qualification in childcare. All staff are responsible for the day-to-day care of the child as well as reporting to parents/guardians on a daily basis.
We pride ourselves in having a staff team who recognise the individual needs of both children and parents.
- Named SENCO
- Anna Malec
Our team is very experienced in supporting and meeting the needs of children with a range of additional needs including:
- Speech, language and communication needs (SLCN)
- social communication difficulties (SCD)
- hearing impairment (HI)
We are currently supporting children with the following needs:
- speech and language needs
- social communication difficulties
We have staff trained in the following: -
- Supporting children with sensory needs
- Supporting children with attention and listening difficulties
- Use of visual aids
- Bucket Time
- Special Time
We have staff that are training in running a range of small group interventions including Early Communication Skills Groups
Our SENCO is:
- confident in using a range of screening tools to support with early identification of needs
- writing and implementing targeted plans/individual support plans (ISPs)
- confident in making referrals to outside agencies as and when required e.g. Speech and Language Therapy Service
- experienced in making requests for consideration of statutory assessment
- experienced in working with a range of outside professionals/specialists e.g. Advisory Teachers for Hearing Impairment
We undertake training and obtain advice from outside professionals/specialists to meet the needs of children with additional needs accessing our provision.
Our setting provides:
- Disabled toilets (both for adults and children to access)
- Toilets on the ground floor
- Handrails in toilets
- Wheelchair access on our ground floor through ASC
- We have furniture that can be moved
- We have two disabled parking bays in the car park at our other site
- Reasonable adjustments/adaptations will be made, where appropriate, in accordance with the requirements of the Equality Act (2010)
- We want all children to access the curriculum opportunities off site, including trips.
The SENCO will meet with the parents/carers of a child with specific needs to plan how to make adjustments to ensure accessibility. A risk assessment would be written with the parents/carers if required.
- Inspection Outcome
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 27/04/2016 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
Registration details and inspection reports for this provider can be viewed on the Ofsted website.
- Has vacancies
- Drop off to and collect from
- Our Lady & St John’s RC Primary
- Opening Times
Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday to Friday 7.30 18.00
- Term Time Contracts
- All Year Round
Amount Cost Type We offer a fee free August to all teachers in our term time contracts
- Free Places for 2 year olds
- Free Places for 3 & 4 year olds (15 hours)
- Free Places for 3 & 4 year olds (30 hours)
- Tax Free childcare payments
- Childcare voucher payments