South Bedfont Playgroup
Rated "Outstanding" - Ofsted February 2016
Children start to learn about the world around them from the moment they are born. The care and education offered by our playgroup helps children to continue to do this by providing all of the children with interesting activities that are appropriate for their age and stage of development. We follow the standards of the Early Years Foundation Stage framework. We are lucky to have a beautiful garden which we encourage the children to use every day we believe that young children learn and develop better, when they have access to an outdoor area.
We are proud to be an accredited "Let's Talk Together" setting. Encouraging positive interactions with the children with small group times, story table and "bumping into books" and techniques such as "Observe, Wait and Listen"
- Named SENCO
- Karen Whitelaw our SENCO works full time in this role so is always on site. She has completed the Hounslow SENCO Training provided by the Local Authority and attends regular training and forums to keep up to date with knowledge and current initiatives in SEND
Our team is very experienced in supporting and meeting the needs of children with a range of additional needs including:
- Speech, language and communication needs
- Social communication difficulties
- Hearing impairment
- Visual impairment
- Developmental delay
- A diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
Our Senco has undertaken training in:
- Social Communication difficulties
- Picture Exchange Communication system (PECS)
- supporting children with sensory needs
- supporting children with attention and listening difficulties
Staff members are also trained in basic Makaton and the use of visual aids. We support children with tools such as "Bucket time" and "Special time".
We run small group interventions such as Small communication skills groups and Playing and Learning to socialise programme (PALS).
Our SENCO and staff are confident in using a range of screening tools to support early identification of needs. They have experience in making referrals to outside agencies as and when required such as Speech and Language Therapy service.
Our setting has:
- Full wheelchair access throughout as it is on one level
- Full access to the garden
- Disabled access main door
- Disabled toilet with hand rails
- Small group rooms are available.
Reasonable adjustments/ adaptations will be made, where appropriate, in accordance with the requirements of the Equality Act (2010)
- Inspection Outcome
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 11/02/2016 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding
Registration details and inspection reports for this provider can be viewed on the Ofsted website.
- Has vacancies
We are taking enquiries for children that would want to start at the setting from September 2018
- Drop off to and collect from
Southville Infant & Nursery
- Opening Times
Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday to Friday AM 9.05am 12.05pm Monday to Friday PM 12.45pm 3.45pm Monday to Friday PM 8.30am 3.45pm
- Term Time Contracts
- Further details
We are a term time only setting therefore will be open for 38 weeks in the year and follow the term dates and inset days of our most local schools.
We are mainly a sessional playgroup so children would attend from either 9.05am to 12.05pm or 12.45pm to 3.45pm but there a limited number of spaces for children who are entitled to the 30 hours free grant and can attend for the day from 8.30am to 3.45pm - A packed lunch would be required for these children.
Amount Cost Type £15.50 Per Session £5.00 Per Hour
- Free Places for 2 year olds
- Free Places for 3 & 4 year olds (15 hours)
- Free Places for 3 & 4 year olds (30 hours)
- Tax Free childcare payments
- Childcare voucher payments
- Age Range
- From 2 to 4