George's Pre School Ltd
Open to children of key workers -
Georges pre-school is a 26 place, friendly and caring private day nursery, which caters for children aged 2-5 years old.
The nursery provides a stimulating, warm, safe, and caring environment, where children have a variety of experience to learn and play. The staff team are qualified NVQ3 and undergoing further training. We provide detailed learning curriculum, which is based on the 3 prime areas and 4 specific areas of learning as outlined in the Early Years Foundation Stage.
We particularly focus on identifying the child's individual needs, children make good progress in their learning and development as our staff provide good quality experience for them to enjoy. We have excellent child to staff ratio to which specific activities such as Forest School, Lets talk together, Healthy eating, Physical Literacy and PALS are completed as part of our daily practice. We promote inclusive practice as the caring staff value the children and regard them as unique individuals.
The team at Georges pre-school are highly motivated to continuously develop the existing warm and caring practice for the benefit of the children, parents, and careers.
- Named SENCO
- At George’s Pre School we have a main setting SENCO who is Chantelle Young and we have a setting backup SENCO who is Jennifer Gerrard
Our Setting has worked with a number of different professionals including: Speech and Language, Occupational Therapist. All professionals are welcome into our setting to discuss actions and strategies to help support children and families.
Intervention methods we use include:
- ‘Bucket time’ to help with attention skills
- ‘Intensive interaction’ to help with sociToggle Full Screen Modeal interaction and eye contact
- ‘What’s in the bag’ to help with Language and Vocabulary
- Turn Taking activities to support social skills
- We use a visual time table and objects of reference to help children with the understanding of instruction, routine and transition times in the setting.
Chantelle is on hand to offer support to children and their families. Chantelle has experience with working with a range of other professionals including Speech and Language therapist, Occupational therapist and Physiotherapist. Chantelle can work with all professionals and make reasonable adjustments to meet each child’s individual targets to help with progression and development.
In the past the setting has worked with children who had:
- Social and communication difficulties
- Children with Autism
- Developmental Delay
- Emotional and behavioural
- Hearing impairment
- Speech and Language delay
- Physical disabilities
- Visual impairment
- Medical needs
Both Chantelle Young and Jennifer Gerrard have completed the six mandatory SENCO sessions offered by the Local Authority.
The Setting SENCO is also the deputy manager and Chantelle has six years’ experience in childcare and has completed CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce (QFC).
Chantelle has also completed and attended a wide range of courses to extend her knowledge further to support children with SEN. All the staff at George’s Pre School attend and complete regular training courses.
George’s Pre School is a nursery which is on one level and has:
- Wide doors to allow wheelchair access
- Open planned area
- A large outside area which is on one level and is easily accessible through double doors from the main room
We treat all children as unique individuals and understand their needs within the setting. Extra care and support will be offered to meet their additional needs as required. As a nursery we will make reasonable adjustments to our environment to support the individual children and or their family member’s needs.
- Inspection Outcome
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 12/02/2018 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding
Registration details and inspection reports for this provider can be viewed on the Ofsted website.
- Has vacancies
- Opening Times
Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday to Friday 08:00:00 18:00:00
- Free Places for 2 year olds
- Free Places for 3 & 4 year olds (15 hours)
- Free Places for 3 & 4 year olds (30 hours)
- Tax Free childcare payments
- Age Range
- From 2 years to 5 years