The setting has been open for over 45 years and we operate within a church hall. The playgroup offers morning and afternoon 3-hour sessions, five days a week during the term time. A maximum of 26 children may attend playgroup between the ages of 2 years and 3 months to 5 years old per session.
The playgroup operates in a large open plan room, with a secure outdoor area for children to access daily.
We have a diverse staff team with a wide range of early years qualifications. The playgroup is able to provide support to children with learning difficulties and/or disabilities as well as children who speak English as an additional language.
- Named SENCO
- Our setting SENCOs are Christine Banks and Natalie Rahemtulla. Our SENCO's work full time in this role and are available Monday to Friday 9.30 - 3.30.
SENCO's have completed the Hounslow SENCO training and attend regular training.
Our team is experienced in supporting children with a range of additional needs that include:
- Speech, language and communication needs (SLCN)
- Development Delay (DD)
- A Diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- A Diagnosis of Down Syndrome
- Global Development Delay (GDD)
Our staff have undertaken the following training to support the inclusion of children with SEND
- Use of visual aids
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
- Special time
- developing relationships Intensive interaction
- develop relationships Identiplay
- develop early play skills
- Supporting children with Attention and Listening difficulties
- Supporting children with Sensory Needs
- Bilingualism and English as an additional language
- Identifying speech and language needs in bilingual children
We also have staff that are trained in running small group interventions that include:
- Playing and Learning to Socialise Programme (PALS)
- Early Communication Groups
- Attention and Listening Groups
Our staff are able to use a range of screening tools to support with early identification of needs such as a Speech and Language tool box The SENCO's are experienced in working with outside professionals/specialists such as Occupational Therapists and Speech and Language Therapists.
They are also confident in making referrals to outside agencies such as Speech and Language Therapy Services when required The SENCO's and staff are experienced in writing and implementing individual support plans (ISPs) as well as making request and making contributions for consideration of Statutory Assessment
The setting is all on one level situated on the ground floor, and has:
- Ramps at the front and back of the building
- Handrails available in one toilet
Reasonable adjustments/adaptations can be made where appropriate in accordance with the Equality Act (2010)
We want all children to be able to access curriculum opportunities. The SENCO will meet with the parents/carers of a child with specific needs to plan how to make adjustments to ensure accessibility
- 07908 900438
- TW3 2BD
- 111, 110, H28, 281 (few yards from the setting). 235, 237, 117 (5-10 mins walk)
- Hounslow British Rail Station (4 mins walk)
- Inspection Outcome
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 04/04/2019 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
Registration details and inspection reports for this provider can be viewed on the Ofsted website.
- Has vacancies
We have places available for morning and afternoon sessions (Please note we have limited mornings spaces)
Please call us to find out more. Registrations and enquiries are taken between 9.30 to 11.00 and 13.00 to 14.30
- Opening Times
Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday to Friday AM 08.45 11.45 Monday to Friday PM 12.45 15.45 Monday to Friday 8.45 15.45
Amount Cost Type £20.00 Per Session £4.00 lunch fee for children attending all day Lunch Club £20.00 registration fee (non-refundable)
- Free Places for 2 year olds
- Free Places for 3 & 4 year olds (15 hours)
- Free Places for 3 & 4 year olds (30 hours)
- Tax Free childcare payments
- Age Range
- From 2 years to 4 years