Early Years SEN Team
The Early Years SEN Team work with early years settings (private, voluntary and independent) in the London Borough of Hounslow to support the inclusion of children from 0 – 5 years with special educational needs and/or disability (SEND). We do not work directly with parents or the child within their home.
We fulfil the remit of the Area SENCO role (SEND Code of Practice 0 – 25 years: January 2015 page 89-90)
We support by
- Providing advice and practical support about approaches to identification, assessment and intervention
- Providing guidance and advice to SENCOs to ensure arrangements are in place to support children with SEND within their provision
- Promoting links between the setting, parent, health services and schools
- Providing training to early years practitioners through universal and/or bespoke training
- Fostering smooth transitions to school nursery and reception classes
- Supporting in the development of quality inclusive environments and practice
Support for children with SEND
Targeted support provided by the team for children with SEND is only available to early years settings (private, voluntary and independent) in the London Borough of Hounslow.
Request for support for a child with SEND should only be made following discussion with an Early Years SEN Advisory Teacher to ensure it is appropriate and with the permission of the child’s parent/carer.
A request for support will require completion of a 'Request for Targeted Support form' available under downloads. This should then be either emailed or posted to us. If by post, send to Early Years SEN Team, 4th Floor – Hounslow House, 7 Bath Road, Hounslow, TW3 3EB
- Age Range
Who to contact
The role of this directory is to provide information. It is your personal responsibility to make sure that organisations are appropriate and safe for you, your child or young person before they attend. Please read our guide to staying safe - things to consider