Harvard Park Day Nursery
Harvard Park Day Nursery runs from a purpose build building and we have 3 specially designed areas for the different age groups.
- Baby Studio (Ducklings) 3 to 18 months.
- Our Small Steps group (Bunnies) 18 to 30 months.
- Our Freedom Zone (Butterflies/Ladybirds/Bumblebees)
- Tiger Club offers before and after school facilities (5 years to 8 years)
We are joined by our enthusiastic and dedicated staff and we have a cook who comes in daily to prepare fresh meals We work in partnership with our parents and families to provide quality education and opportunities for all babies and children aged 6 months to 5 years.
We also promote Academic Excellence in safe and caring environment to enhance self-confidence through personal responsibility and develop lifelong learners who will be productive citizens in a diverse and changing world. We offer settling in periods.
- Named SENCO
- Carol Mayell supported by Nicki Saunders and Tracey Milstead
Our team is very experienced in supporting and meeting the needs of children with a range of additional needs including:
- speech, language and communication needs (SLCN)
- social communication difficulties (SCD)
- hearing impairment (HI)
- visual impairment (VI)
- developmental delay (DD)
- a diagnosis of Down Syndrome
- a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD
We are currently supporting children with the following needs:
- speech and language needs
- social communication difficulties
- a diagnosis of Down Syndrome
We have staff trained in the following:
- British Sign Language (BSL)
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
- Supporting children with sensory needs
- Supporting children with attention and listening difficulties
- Use of visual aids
- Bucket Time
- Special Time
- Intensive Interaction
- Identity play
We have staff that are training in running a range of small group interventions including:
- Playing and Learning to Socialise Programme (PALS)
- Early Communication Skills Groups
- Attention & Listening Groups
SENCO/staff are confident in using a range of screening tools to support with early identification of needs
SENCO/staff are trained in writing and implementing targeted plans/individual support plans (ISPs)
SENCO/staff are confident in making referrals to outside agencies as and when required e.g. Speech and Language Therapy Service.
The setting SENCO is experienced in making requests for consideration of statutory assessment
The setting SENCO is experienced in making contributions / managing Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs)
The setting SENCO/staff are experienced in working with a range of outside professionals/specialists e.g. Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Advisory Teachers for Hearing Impairment.
We do undertake training and/or obtain advice from outside professionals/specialists to meet the needs of children with additional needs accessing our provision.
- Our building is accessible and is all on one level.
- Wheelchair access at the main door.
- We have one disabled parking bays at the front of the building
- We have disabled toilets (both for adults and children to access) and changing facilities
- We have toilets on the ground floor.
- We have handrails in the toilet area.
- Access to the outdoor area is on one level.
- There is a paved section in the garden area.
- Small group rooms are available.
- We have furniture that can be moved
Reasonable adjustments/adaptations will be made, where appropriate, in accordance with the requirements of the Equality Act (2010).
We want all children to access the curriculum opportunities off site, including trips. The SENCO will meet with the parents/carers of a child with specific needs to plan how to make adjustments to ensure accessibility. A risk assessment would be written with the parents/carers if required.
- Inspection Outcome
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 26/10/2017 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding
Registration details and inspection reports for this provider can be viewed on the Ofsted website.
- Has vacancies
- Drop off to and collect from
St Lawrence RC Primary
Cardinal Road Infant and Nursery
Our wrap around service is available term time only.
- Opening Times
Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday to Friday 08:00 18:00
- All Year Round
- Further details
7.30 starts on request
Amount Cost Type Please call for this information rooms vary.
- Funded Places for 2 year olds
- Funded Places for 3 & 4 year olds (15 hours)
- Funded Places for 3 & 4 year olds (30 hours)
- Tax Free childcare payments
- Childcare voucher payments
- Age Range
- From 6 months to 5 yrs