Baby Café Breastfeeding Support Clinic at Lampton Children's Centre
** Update 23/3/20**
** Breastfeeding support clinic is cancelled **
BABY CAFÉ IN HOUNSLOW ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED DUE TO COVID 19
NCT Infant feeding counsellors are happy to support via telephone during the times below (previously times for Baby Café). Please call Duty Health Visitor if you would like referred on: 0208 973 3490.
Monday- 14.00 to 15.30
Wednesday- 9.45 to 11.45am
Thursday- 10.00 to 11.30am
NCT are running their Infant Feeding Line 0300 330 0700 (choose option 1)
The line is open every day from 8am to midnight. It is staffed by a breastfeeding counsellor who can support about questions or concerns whether breastfeeding, formula milk or solids.
National Breastfeeding Helpline:
0300 100 0212 (help & support 365 days per year 9.30am-9.30pm)
La Leche League Helpline: Staffed by trained volunteer breastfeeding counsellors who can support mums with questions about breastfeeding by. The line is open 8am to 1pm
Telephone: 0845 120 2918
The Breastfeeding Network Helpline: Trained volunteers offering telephone support
Telephone: 0300 100 0212 / Helpline (Bengali/Sylheti): 0844 856 4003
Baby Buddy App: a useful resource with infant feeding films
Download from apple store, google play or web app
"Accessing infant formula – information from First Steps Nutrition Trust
There are reports of parents being unable to purchase infant formula. We have been informed that retailers do have stock and continued supplies of infant formula at this time. The main reason shelves have been bare in some shops is because of stockpiling.
Local stores, pharmacies and corner shops do not seem to be experiencing the same empty shelves that the main supermarkets have had. Many pharmacies will order products for their customers if asked.
Parents should be advised that stage 1 / first infant formula should be used for infants in the first year of life:
▪ If you are unable to get your usual brand of first infant formula, don’t worry – you can use any first infant formula as all preparations have a similar nutritional composition to comply with legislation.
▪ Don’t use stage 2 follow on formula for any baby under 6 months – only use first infant formula.
▪ If you are using follow on formula for a baby older than 6 months and cannot access this, then use first infant formula.
▪ If you are using other milks such as anti-reflux milk, comfort milk, etc. and can’t access these, then use first infant formula.
▪ Always make up infant formula as per manufacturers guidance – do not be tempted to add more water to make it last longer as diluting the milk could endanger your baby’s health.
Baby Friendly Initiative (2020)
- Age Range
When is it on
- Date & Time
- Wednesdays, 9.45 to 11.45am
- Session Information
*Please ring your local centre for details as some criteria may apply
- SEND Details
All staff are trained to provide an inclusive service to all families. Please contact us if you would like to know more information or would like to request any reasonable special adaptations.
- Venue is on one level
- Main doors have wheel chair access
- No doors are automatic
- One disabled toilet
Where to go
- Name of venue
- Lampton Children's Centre
- Venue address
- TW3 4JG
Who to contact
- Lampton Children's Centre
- 020 8583 5720
The role of this directory is to provide information. It is your personal responsibility to make sure that organisations are appropriate and safe for you, your child or young person before they attend. Please read our guide to staying safe - things to consider