Rhythm and Rhyme with Sign by Vicky and Elsa, Online through Microsoft Teams
Rhythm and rhyme 0-18 months is a fun and interactive music session, singing a mixture of traditional and new rhymes for babies 0-18 months using Makaton. These sessions are universal for all families; however, they aim to support children with SEND.
Interactive music sessions and singing can help your baby to:
• Develop their language and communication
• Further develop bond with parent/carer
If you would like to join in with the Rhythm and Rhyme session, here a few tips from Vicky:
- Shaker – I don’t have my egg shakers so I have swapped them for an empty bottle filled with some rice (pasta or lentils can work to)
- Scarves – I have used an actual scarf, but any smaller piece of material would be good, a tea towel, or you can use a pillowcase.
- Bubbles – I have used a bubble wand I had left over, you can always make bubbles by mixing washing up liquid and water together, or you can catch them on the screen
- Child Friendly bowl and spoon
To join this session, please send an an email; including your full name, Postcode, child/ren's full name and child/ren's DOB to Elsa.email@example.com
Please note: Other viewers can view your name, so you might prefer to use a nickname- please let us know which nickname you will be using when you email for the Teams link, so that we can let you into the session.
If you join in our sessions online on a smartphone or a tablet please download teams but don’t login, you will receive a link to the session and when you click on the link in your email you will be asked to sign in as a guest. If you are using a computer or laptop then just click the link (no download necessary) to sign in as a guest through the internet.
If you would like to give any feedback on these sessions, or would like to make some suggestions on our online offer, please complete our short feedback form.
- Age Range
Birth to Five Years
When is it on
- Date & Time
- Mondays 10 to 10.45am
- Session Information
Sessions will be run until further notice
Where to go
- Name of venue
- Microsoft Teams
Who to contact
- Elsa Buci
The role of this directory is to provide information. It is your personal responsibility to make sure that organisations are appropriate and safe for you, your child or young person before they attend. Please read our guide to staying safe - things to consider