Little Munchkins Montessori Nursery
▪ Purpose built Montessori Nursery run by experienced, qualified, friendly staff.
▪ We follow the Montessori Method of education in line with the EYFS curriculum.
▪ High standards of teaching & care given to children.
▪ Fee is inclusive of Music, ICT, Cookery, Art & Craft and language sessions.
- Named SENCO
- We have a designated SENCO, Mrs. K. Kaur who is qualified and attends regular SEND related training's and network meetings as offered by the local authority. The manager (Mrs. S. Soin) and the deputy manager (Miss Sandra A.) are qualified as SENCO's and take over in her absence.
We have made great relationship with our early years support team who have taught , supported and demonstrated a wide range of interventions and strategies for us to support each child's individual needs. We aim to extend our knowledge on ensuring these children move forward positively ready for either a mainstream or a specialist school.
All staff have knowledge on SEND and our policy.
Trainings attended by SENCO's are:
- Playing and Learning to Socialise (PALS)
- Early Language Development Training Programme
- Social and Emotional aspects of development (SEAD)
- Managing Behaviour INPP (Assessing Neuromotor Readiness for Learning)
Our setting is a purpose built Montessori Nursery which supports the inclusion of children with SEND.
The facilities at the setting enable access to both indoor and outdoor play area for disabled children and adults. However, disabled person in a wheelchair can have full access of the premises both indoors and outdoors, on ground floor. To access our baby/pre-toddler room on the first floor they will need to use the staircase. They may use a stick or crutches to reach the classroom. Our staircase is wide enough and have hand rails in place for extra support to walk up and down the staircase. Unfortunately, we do not have an elevator to reach different floors.
We have a signposted disabled toilet on the ground floor next to the reception area. There are handrails available to assist disabled children and adults.
Adaptations: Reasonable adjustments /adaptations will be made, where appropriate, in accordance with the requirements of the Equality Act (2010).
- Inspection Outcome
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 28/03/2018 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
Registration details and inspection reports for this provider can be viewed on the Ofsted website.
- Has vacancies
- Opening Times
Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday to Friday 8am 6pm
- Free Places for 2 year olds
- Free Places for 3 & 4 year olds (15 hours)
- Free Places for 3 & 4 year olds (30 hours)