Toddletown Pre-School Nursery
Our aim is to provide a warm and caring environment, where children are able to learn, grow and experience a wealth of new challenges.
The children learn both through play, and structured activity. We offer a range of activities including music, cookery, dance, creative work, nature study, physical activity both in-doors and out, small-world play, and others, all of which allow children to develop independence, self-esteem and confidence.
Our staff are well-qualified, enthusiastic and have a wealth of experience of working with children in childcare settings. Being caring and supportive, they will foster positive experiences which will allow your child to grow and develop. Each child is valued as an individual, and we endeavour to ensure that he or she will feel confident, secure and happy in our environment. We want the children whose care is entrusted to us to look forward to coming to nursery!
We encourage parents to get involved in their child's learning. This is done by regular newsletters and updates on your child's learning and development.
How we support SEND
- Named SENCO
- Urvashi O'Connor
Our team is very experienced in supporting and meeting the needs of children with a range of additional needs including:
- Speech, language and communication needs (SLCN)
- social communication difficulties (SCD)
- developmental delay (DD)
- a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
We are currently supporting children with the following needs
- speech and language needs
- social communication difficulties
- a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorder
We have a fully trained SEND Coordinator as well as staff who are trained in delivering:
- Playing and Learning to Socialise Program (PALS) and A Box full of feelings
- Bucket TIme
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
- Sensory play
- Supporting Children with Social Communication difficulties
- Our building is accessible and is all on one level.
- There is a paved section in the garden area.
- Small group areas are available.
- We have a carpeted area in the main room.
- We have furniture that can be moved.
- Reasonable adjustments/adaptations will be made, where appropriate, in accordance with the requirements of the Equality Act (2010).
- We want all children to access the curriculum opportunities off site, including trips. The SENCO will meet with the parents/carers of a child with specific needs to plan how to make adjustments to ensure accessibility. A risk assessment would be written with the parents/carers if required.
- Inspection Outcome
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 23/02/2018 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding
Registration details and inspection reports for this provider can be viewed on the Ofsted website.
- Has vacancies
Vacancies available for 2, 3 and 4 year olds.
- Opening Times
Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday to Friday 8.45 am 12.15 pm
- Term Time Contracts
- Further details
Term Time Only
- Free Places for 2 year olds
- Free Places for 3 & 4 year olds (15 hours)
- Free Places for 3 & 4 year olds (30 hours)
- Tax Free childcare payments
- Childcare voucher payments
- Age Range
- From 2 years old to 4 years old