ASD Hounslow Parent Support Group
This is a monthly group run by parents for parents
If you are a parent or carer of a child/young person who has a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (aged 0-25yrs), please come along.
No need to sign up, just drop in!
2nd Wednesday of the Month TERM TIME ONLY 10 am -12 noon
at Hounslow CAMHS, Heart of Hounslow Centre for Health
92 Bath Road, Hounslow, TW3 3EL
Each session will aim to cover information on a specific topic as well as provide an opportunity for general support, discussion and sharing of experiences.
Previous topics have included:
- Managing sensory difficulties
- Strategies to develop communication skills and emotional understanding
- Eating difficulties
- Keeping children safe & how services work with young people with disabilities
- Work experience and further education
- Adult autism services
- Sleep difficulties
- Talks by young people with ASD, and by parents/carers of young people with ASD
- Supporting siblings of children with ASD
- Local services and SEND Information Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS)
Parent volunteers Elizabeth Jones and Sally Billinness chair the meetings and organise the group email list.
The meetings aim to have multi-agency input from the Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS), Education, Educational Psychology, Speech and Language Therapy and Occupational Therapy providing a valuable resource for local families.
For enquiries contact Claire Jackson 020 8483 2050 or ASD Support Group Hounslow
- Age Range
When is it on
- Date & Time
- 10 am- 12 noon
Where to go
- Venue address
92 Bath Road
- TW3 3EL
Who to contact
- Claire Jackson
- 020 8483 2050
The role of this directory is to provide information. It is your personal responsibility to make sure that organisations are appropriate and safe for you, your child or young person before they attend. Please read our guide to staying safe - things to consider