Strengthening Families, Strengthening Communities Parenting Programme
Strengthening Families, Strengthening Communities (SFSC) is strengths based community education programme designed to increase parents’ and carers confidence and skills through group discussions, family activities, community speakers and practical hands-on sessions. SFSC is an inclusive, evidence-based programme, designed to specifically promote protective factors which are associated with effective parenting and better outcomes for children. At the heart of the SFSC programme is an ethos of equality, diversity and inclusion and these themes run throughout the course.
The course enables parents and carers to gain a better understanding of child development; use positive parenting techniques; promote children’s social skills and self- esteem and importantly to achieve positive family relationships.
The programme consists of 13 term time sessions which consists of 12 weeks of learning and a Graduation week.
- Families should be experiencing behavioural issues with children of senior school age.
- Children may be involved, or at risk of being involved in Anti-Social Behaviour.
- Parents must be living with their children or have regular contact to participate in the tasks
- A SFSC Referral Form needs to be completed by the referring agency
- Manuals are available in some other languages
- Referral required?
- Who needs to make the referral?
- Parents can self refer by contacting Nikkita directly. Professionals will need to fill in the attached CFAN form.
- Age Range
Parents/guardians with children aged 10 to 18 years
Who to contact
- Nikkita Beghi
- 0208 583 5985
The role of this directory is to provide information. It is your personal responsibility to make sure that organisations are appropriate and safe for you, your child or young person before they attend. Please read our guide to staying safe - things to consider