Little Forest Folk
Fully outdoor forest nursery that immerses two to five year olds in nature, helping them become creative, resilient little learners.
Giving children the chance to grow up with a sense of awe and freedom as part of their everyday lives. Our nursery connects children back to nature, inspiring them to live a naturally healthy lifestyle that builds resilience, confidence, independence and self-motivation – all the tools they need for a happy and successful life.
We follow the core Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum, and incorporate learning in a safe and secure outdoor environment, where free play, fresh air, exposure to the natural world and physical activity are an integral part of learning.
We have supported children with:
- Speech and language difficulties
- Selective mutism
The manager is SENCO trained and has 6 years childcare experience. Staff use Makaton in the setting and the following training has been undertaken by staff:
- Positive Interactions
- Playing and Learning to Socialise Program (PALS)
- Writing Individual Support Plans (ISP)
Our forest setting is:
- Wide and broad giving children freedom to move around as they please
- Open access to toilets (support can be offered to children if needed)
- Adjustments can be made according to children's individual needs.
- Inspection Outcome
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 07/06/2018 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding
Registration details and inspection reports for this provider can be viewed on the Ofsted website.
- Opening Times
Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday to Friday 7:45am 6pm
- All Year Round
- Further details
Open 51 weeks a year
Amount Cost Type £68 7.45am to 4pm Per Session £78 7.45am to 6pm Per Session
- Free Places for 2 year olds
- Free Places for 3 & 4 year olds (15 hours)
- Free Places for 3 & 4 year olds (30 hours)
- Tax Free childcare payments
- Childcare voucher payments