Rainbow Trust Children's Charity
Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity supports seriously ill children and their families in the family home and local community. Families who have a child or young person up to the age of 18 with a life threatening or terminal condition (for example cancer, some neurological conditions, babies in neonatal intensive care) are eligible and referrals can come from any source.
We enable families to manage everyday life while caring for a sick child and to make the most of time together; providing expert, practical and emotional support via a Family Support Worker. Families have complete choice about the type of support they receive - wherever and whenever they need it.
Rainbow Trust’s support can include short breaks from caring, family activity days, drop-in groups, support with hospital visits, including transport to and from appointments, support for siblings and bereavement support. To find out more about the services available in your area, please contact Tomasz Czarnecki, tel 01895 448378.
Rainbow Trust pairs each family with a dedicated expert Family Support Worker. Services are tailored to the individual needs of each family member, including the sick child, parents, siblings, grandparents and extended family. Support includes:
- Providing short breaks for the sick child and siblings, which may include drop-in groups, family days, trips out or fun activities at home
- Spending time with the ill child at hospital or home
- Accompanying and supporting parents and their child during clinic and hospital visits; providing transport to hospital
- Helping maintain normality in the home by working with and caring for siblings, to ensure usual activities are continued
- Siblings may be supported through one-to-one sessions, help getting to school or with homework, regular sibling groups and school holiday events and activities
- Providing practical support with household chores to help families manage day to day life
- Providing emotional support
- Providing end-of-life care and bereavement support
- Referral required?
- Age Range
- Additional Information
- All our Family Support Workers hold enhanced DBS and a range of childcare qualifications, experience and skills (minimum NVQ Level 2 or equivalent) and receive regular training.
- SEND Details
Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity supports seriously ill children and their families in the family home and local community. Families who have a child or young person up to the age of 18 with a life threatening or terminal condition are eligible and referrals can come from any source.
Rainbow Trust Children's Charity supports children and their families in their own homes and the local community. Any support groups offered are provided at appropriate venues for accessibility. (The venue address is administrative only.)
Where to go
- Name of venue
- Rainbow Trust Children's Charity
- Venue address
Unit 2, 7 The Green
- UB7 7PL
Who to contact
The role of this directory is to provide information. It is your personal responsibility to make sure that organisations are appropriate and safe for you, your child or young person before they attend. Please read our guide to staying safe - things to consider