It is important to note that the local council does not hold a list of 'approved tutors'. You will need to decide if a tutor is suitable for your child’s needs.
Tips on choosing a tutor
- Word of mouth recommendations from friends and family are popular but do remember, what suits your friend’s child may not suit yours.
- Check the suitability of a tutor, do they have an update to date DBS certificate.
- Where will lessons take place, your house, the tutors house, what room?
- Can your child meet the tutor before you make a decision? Observing their interaction may help inform your decision
- Do they have any references from other parents/children?
Where can I find a list of tutors?
Any tutors found in this directory are listed because their services are based within the London Borough of Hounslow. However, being listed does not mean they are approved or verified by Hounslow Council in anyway. It remains your responsibility to check to suitability of the tutor.
Another way to find a tutor is through a tutoring agency. A tutoring agency is a business that acts as an intermediary between people who are looking for tutors and tutors wishing to offer their services. There are a vast amount of tutor agencies across the country with many individual tutors listed on multiple sites. You can use any search engine such as Google to find a list of agencies.