An education, health and care plan (EHC plan) may be needed if your child has very complex needs that can't be supported by mainstream education with SEN Support
Who can request an EHC assessment?
- Parents or carers
- Young person between 16 and 25 years old
- Someone who works with them in an Early Years setting, school or post 16 institution
- Someone else who knows them well, such as a doctor, who wishes to bring their special educational needs to the Local Authority’s attention
Before requesting an assessment
- Make sure the education setting has done an assessment of needs, planned support that the child or young person needs, put this in place for a reasonable period of time, reviewed progress, and then amended the level or type of support as necessary. The Local Authority will ask to see detailed action plans and costs .(criteria for decision to assess).
- Make sure that the young person wishes to continue in education or training if they are over age 18.
If you'd like an assessment, you simply need to download and complete the right form for you.
- Request an assessment if you’re a parent (Word Doc 219KB)
- Request an assessment if you’re a school (Word Doc 222KB)
- Request an assessment is you’re a young person aged 16 to 25 (Word Doc 220KB)
- Request attention form Advising SEN for Professionals (word doc)
The criteria for assessment can be found in the downloads section. For independent and confidential information and advice for anything to do with EHCP contact SENDIASS
The Complete EHC Process week by week
To return your form or for further information:
London Borough of Hounslow, 4th Floor
7 Bath Road
Telephone 020 8583 2672