Skip to main content

Find a school - ages 5 to 16

If your child has special needs, they can usually get all the support they need at a mainstream school.   

Applying to a mainstream school 

All mainstream schools follow government guidelines about supporting children with special needs, and you can see this information on their websites.  

Find a mainstream primary school in Hounslow here

Find a mainstream secondary school in Hounslow here

Apply for a school through the Hounslow admission process here

Applying to a mainstream school with specialist centre 

If your child has more complex education or disability needs they may need to go to a school with a specialist centre.

This option may be suggested in an education health and care (EHC) plan

Specialist centres can include extra support for 

  • Autism spectrum 
  • physical disabilities 
  • speech, language and communication difficulties 
  • moderate and specific learning difficulties 
  • hearing impairment 
  • visual impairment 

Find a mainstream primary school with specialist centre here

Find a mainstream secondary school with specialist centre here

Applying to a special school

If the pupil’s needs can’t be met in a mainstream school with special centre, they could be referred to a special school. 

Find a special school in Hounslow here 

You’ll need an EHC assessment to go to a special school.

Pupil referral unit 

These schools provide temporary alternative education for pupils who may not be getting suitable education.  

The focus is to get pupils back into a mainstream school as soon as possible.

Woodbridge Park Education Service is the pupil referral unit in Hounslow. 

Back to top