Our Children’s Centres in Hounslow, support families with children aged 0-5 years by offering services that are open to all and others that are provided for children and families who may require additional help.
All activities in Children's Centres aim to be both welcoming and inclusive to all children including those with Special Educational Needs or Disabilities (SEND).
We run groups called 'Sharing Their World' at Alf King, Brentford and Lampton Children’s Centres. These are run for families and children with SEND only.
If you would like to attend one of these groups, please contact the centre where it is being held.
How we support children and families with SEND
Children’s Centres recognise the diverse and individual needs of all our children and families and take into account the additional support required by those children with SEND.
- All staff have a whole centre and holistic approach
- All staff work together to ensure the inclusion of all children.
- Children’s Centres are committed to support children to achieve their full potential through positive interventions, such as: removing barriers to learning: raising expectations and accelerating levels of progress and achievement
- Children Centres work in partnership with other agencies, to ensure that all children with have a positive experience when they attend our sessions.
- All staff have a range of experience, skills and qualifications that help them to meet the needs of families and children with SEND.
If you would like to know more information or would like to request any reasonable special adaptations to attend a Children’s Centre please contact us.