Skip to main content

COVID-19 Financial support and advice

Support available for unemployment or reduced work due to coronavirus  

Apply online for Universal Credit to get financial support if you’ve lost your job or getting less work if you are self-employed as a result of the pandemic.  

You might also be able to: 

You might also be able to get New Style Employment and Support Allowance if one of the following applies to you or your child, now or some time in the past:  

  • you’re at high risk because you have an underlying health condition (shielding) 
  • you’re self-isolating because you have symptoms of coronavirus 
  • you’re self-isolating because you came into contact with someone who has symptoms of coronavirus, or you were told to self-isolate by a test and trace service  

Interviews and assessments will be done by telephone. You should not go to a Jobcentre Plus unless asked to do so for an exceptional purpose, for example to collect your Payment Exception Service vouchers.  

If you are self-employed and getting less work or no work because of coronavirus you might be able to claim a grant for lost income. You can find out more about the scheme here.  

More support and advice

  • Hounslow Council - find out about discretionary local crisis payments, council tax support, housing payment support and more.
  • Hounslow Community Hub - assistance for someone isolated and vulnerable with no other support network
  • Hounslow Citizens Advice working alongside Hounslow Council to support Hounslow residents during this time. You can call, email or request a call back if you cant find an answer of their many advice pages
  • Foodbanks - Information about getting help from a local food or clothing bank, where they are and what's available
  • Martin Lewis Money Saving Expert - Coronavirus Financial Help & Rights covering employment help, lock-down help, travel rights and more.
  • Turn 2 Us  and Entitled to -  Benefit calculators to check if you are entitled to any additional support if your circumstances have change during this period. 
  • Child Benefit - Parents of new-borns will still be able to claim Child Benefit despite not being able to visit the General Register Offices

COVID-19 related pages: Fun things to do - Online resources for Home Learning- Health and Wellbeing - Financial support and advice - SEND information and advice