Skip to main content

How to get a social care assessment

If you feel you or your child is eligible for extra care or support, you can ask for an assessment.

Before you contact us 

You should download the eligibility guide for support for young people aged 0 to 18 here (PDF 71KB) 

It will explain the specific types of disability needs that can be assessed.

After you've read the eligibility guide

Whether you’re a parent, carer, or professional or young person with disabilities, you can get in touch in the following ways.

If the young person is under 18 years old

Telephone 020 8583 6600 (select option 2, then option 3)

Email (non secure) 

If the young person is aged over 18 years

The support will be provided by the adult social services team all their information is on Careplace

Telephone 0208 583 3100


If you’re a professional and referring a child you’ll need to download and complete this assessment before referring someone download children and family needs assessment

Your enquiry will be assessed by a manager.

If you’re eligible for social care support a care professional will contact you to arrange an assessment. 

See an example of the types of questions on the assessment (PDF 323kB)

But even if you’re not eligible, we can give you information and put you in contact with other services who can support you.