Children’s Centres in Hounslow, support families with children aged 0-5 years by offering various services that are open to all and others that are in targeted venues around the borough.
All activities in Children's Centres aim to be both welcoming and inclusive to all children including those with Special Educational Needs or Disabilities.
How Children Centres support children and families with SEND?
Children’s Centres recognize the diverse and individual needs of all of our children and families and take into account the additional support required by those children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
- All staff have a whole centre and holistic approach to Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
- All staff work together to ensure the inclusion of all children.
- Children’s Centres are committed to support children with SEND to achieve their full potential through positive interventions, such as: removing barriers to learning: raising expectations and accelerating levels of progress and achievement
- Children Centres work in partnership with other agencies to ensure that all children with SEND have a positive experience when they attend the centre.
- Children Centre Staff across the borough have various experience, skills and qualifications working with families and children with SEND
If you would like to know more information or would like to request any reasonable special adaptations to attend a Children’s Centre please contact us here.