Sometimes it may be difficult for children and young people to cope and they may not know where to turn.
Hounslow Council has improved the way in which children and young people can access support services, by launching an online information portal that will provide them with a range of advice and support.
Not only is the website for children and you people, it also provides information for parents, carers and professionals. Young Hounslow has information about activities for young people, opportunities to volunteer as well as how to get involved with the Youth Council.
Young Hounslow aims to:
- Empower young people by providing information to help them to help themselves
- Signpost children and young people and their families to the right services
- Provide a go-to resource for parents and carers to support their understanding of services available
- Offer advice and support to prevent issues such as mental health, substance misuse and provide education and learning advice and support
- Help with early identification so children and young people are supported as soon as problems arise to prevent more serious problems developing
- Provide information about arts, music and open access activities
We also want children and young people to feel comfortable tackling topics that concern them the most such as; puberty, relationships, alcohol, self-harm, smoking, contraceptive choices, drugs, body confidence, peer pressure and mental health.
To find out more about Young Hounslow visit www.younghounslow.info