Fostering means caring for a child or children who, for whatever reason, cannot live with their own family and offering them care, support and a secure home.
Fostering involves meeting the day-to-day needs of children. It can for just a few days, a few months or sometimes until they are ready to live independently. By offering your time and your care you can give children the time, space and the opportunity to rebuild their lives.
Hounslow has more than 270 children and young people in care and is currently looking for foster carers to join their team.
As an approved foster carer the London Borough of Hounslow will offer you comprehensive support and retention package which include some of the following:
- A generous allowance of up to £868.60 per fortnight, per child.
- Professional specialist training
- Specialist support packages including access to children’s therapists, 121 mentoring and befriending services, sons and daughters support groups which includes fun days out for foster carers birth children.
- 24 hour support throughout your fostering career
- Dedicated Social worker to provide practical guidance and support to all our foster carers
- Opportunity to become a mentor ,co facilitate preparatory training groups for future foster carers
- Free fusion swim and Merlin passes for foster carers and their families, discounts at local retailers
If you have a spare room and are interested in helping keep vulnerable children’s lives on track, Please call a member of our friendly team on 0800 731 8558 or come along to our May’s Fostering Information Event.
- Fostering Information Event on Thursday 24 May 2018, 7pm – 9pm, Civic Centre Committee Room 1