Looking for something to keep your child amused during isolation? Here are some of the resources and online activities you can use: Fun things to do
Is your child under 5? then don't miss out on the Children's Centres live online sessions
Rhythm and Rhyme with Vicky, Story time with Mandy, Activity time with Vikki.
For Simple, fun activities for kids, from newborn to five; Visit the Hungry Little Minds campaign at: hungrylittleminds.campaign.gov.uk.
Parks can be used once a day, and only for a walk or exercise.
- Stay local. Don’t drive - car parks will be closed.
- Stay 2m apart from people not in your household.
- Keep dogs on a lead at all time.
- Playgrounds, sports courts and outdoor gyms are all closed – don’t try to use them.
- Don’t met up with friends – you could catch it off each other then spread to members of your family.
- Don’t gather in groups – you will be dispersed.
- Keep moving – don’t sunbathe, have a picnic or barbecue or play games. The reason for this is we need a steady flow of people in and out. The more people who take up space for longer, the harder it is to keep 2m apart, and the fewer people can use the park. It’s about being fair and considerate of others.
- If the park looks really busy, give it a miss.
All of Hounslow Libraries are closed. Find out more on how libraries are supporting you through online services.
During lockdown there are several information pages for children with SEND
- COVID-19 resources for children and young people with Learning Disabilities
- COVID-19 resources for children and young people with Visual Impairment
- COVID-19 resources for Families with young children 0-5 with needs
Throughout the directory, you will see a green triangle with SEND ü, this means that the provider has given information on how they support children and young people who have special educational needs and disabilities. Activities listed without a green triangle are universal services, which are available to all children. You will need to contact each provider to see how they can support your child's individual needs.
Due to COVID-19, our cycling activities have changed. We are currently only running 1-to-1 adult cycle training and Dr bike sessions until further notice. As this information may change in the summer and we may hopefully be able to run child or family cycle training, please refer people to our website for the latest information on cycle training: www.hounslow.gov.uk/CycleHounslow
Our Family Learning programme is delivered in partnership with schools and children's centres and in the community.
We have a wide range of courses, ranging from two hour workshops to longer accredited programmes. Some of our courses involve carers and children learning together. Other courses involve adult only sessions. Courses include e-safety for parents, cooking and help with English and maths. Visit our website for up to date listings of courses and see what you can do as a family www.hounslow.gov.uk/adulteducation
If you have not been able to find what you are looking for please contact us by clicking on the feedback button or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Every Local Authority offers a similar service to us so if you are looking for a particular activity what not try a neighbouring authority find a Family Information Service.