The Early Years SEN Team have created a wide range of resources for families with young children with special educational needs and/or disabilities that can be carried out in the home.
Communication and Language
- Bucket Time Stage 1
- Attention and Listening games and activities in the home
- Special Time in the home
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Eye contact games and activities in the home
- Intensive Interaction in the home
- Turn taking games and activities in the home
- Messy play activities in the home
- Objects of reference in the home – How to use everyday objects to support communication with your child.
- First and then in the home – A strategy to support your child to prepare for everyday transitions and routines.
- First and then visuals – Visuals to use with the first and then strategy.
- Visual timetable in the home – How to use a visual timetable to develop a routine for your child during the day.
- Left to right schedule – A type of visual timetable.
- Routine visuals – Visuals to use with a visual timetable.
- Play activities with a doll
- Play activities with trains
- Play activities with animals
- Play activities with blocks