An education, health and care plan (EHC plan) may be needed if your child has very complex needs that can't be supported by mainstream education with SEN Support

Who can request an EHC assessment? 

Parents or carers

Young person between 16 and 25 years old

Someone who works with them in an Early Years setting, school or post 16 institution

Someone else who knows them well, such as a doctor, who wishes to bring their special educational needs to the Local Authority’s attention

Before requesting an assessment

Make sure the education setting has done an assessment of needs, planned support that the child or young person needs, put this in place for a reasonable period of time, reviewed progress, and then amended the level or type of support as necessary. The Local Authority will ask to see detailed action plans and costs .

Make sure that the young person wishes to continue in education or training if they are over age 18.

If you'd like an assessment, you simply need to download and complete the right form for you.

Request an assessment if you’re a parent (Word Doc 219KB) 

Request an assessment if you're am Early Years/pre-school provider

Request an assessment if you’re a school (Word Doc 222KB)  Reception to year 9

Request an assessment if you're a school (Word Doc) year 9+

Request an assessment if you’re a young person aged 16 to 25 (Word Doc 220KB)

Request attention form Advising SEN for Professionals (not education)(word doc)

For independent and confidential information and advice for anything to do with EHC Plans contact SENDIASS

Return your form or for further information:

Special educational needs team 

London Borough of Hounslow, 4th Floor

7 Bath Road



Telephone 020 8583 2672