Hounslow Home Page Link

Further Education 

All young people must be in education or training until they're 18 years old.

There are 15 secondary schools in Hounslow, most children continue at their school but you do need to apply and there are other options.
You can find out how to apply for a school sixth form by visiting the secondary schools page page.
Below you'll find other education options which can develop the skills of young people with special educational needs and disabilities. 

Specialist 16+provision

Schools in Hounslow who provide specialist post-16 education for young people with SEND:
  • Oaklands School
  • Cranford Community College
  • Heston Community School
  • Springwest Academy

Special Schools in other boroughs may also offer post 16 education or training that meets the needs of the young person, here are a list of schools that have been used by young people from Hounslow. 

Colleges with Specialist Support

Post-16 colleges
The following colleges support young people with special educational needs and disability. 
West Thames College
Uxbridge College
Richmond upon Thames College
Kingston College
Ealing, Hammersmith and West London College including Gatehouse project for young people with Autism diagnosis
Harrow College - Centre for excellence for hearing impairment as well as other learning support
Logic Studio School

Specialist College
Orchard Hill wide range of courses and venues

Other Course Providers

Other providers also offer courses that are accessible to young people with SEND these often include life skills, cv writing and high levels of support. Some of these can be funded by an EHCP.

Financial Support at College

Financial Support at college
16 to 19 Bursary Fund
You could get a bursary to help with education-related costs if you’re aged 16 to 19 and:
> studying at school or college (not university) in England
> on a training course, including unpaid work experience
A bursary is money that you, or your education or training provider, can use to pay for things like:
> clothing, books and other equipment for your course
> transport and lunch on days you study or train
You must be:
1 - under 19 at the start of the academic year you want a bursary for
2 - studying at school or college, or on an unpaid training course
You could get up to £1,200 if you’re disabled and get both Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) (or Universal Credit in place of ESA), and either Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP) in your name.
Apply once you know where you’ll study or train, so you’ll get your bursary as soon as possible. You might need to reapply for a bursary for each year of your course. Check with your college