Children In Care Council and The Participation Service
Children in Care - The Participation Service
We are here for all children in care and care leavers aged 5-21 (24 if you are in education). We run activities and events to help you have a voice, whether that is just for you or changing the care system as a whole.
We plan and run activities to help you get involved. This might be a trip to Thorpe park, creating a magazine to let you know what things are happening inside and out of Hounslow, or running our children in care council (CiCC). We are here to listen and help you if you are stuck with a problem about how Hounslow are looking after you and help you to find the people who can solve it.
Children in Care Council (CICC).
Our CICC is a group of young people aged between 9-21 years. They are all in care, or have been in care with Hounslow. We now have two councils (older and younger) which meet on the same night but have a different agenda of things that they would like to change for children in care.
CICC is a fun filled meeting where we work to make a difference to the lives of all children who are looked after. The council itself has just created a brand new pledge – a set of promises to all children in care in Hounslow.
The Hounslow Pledge - a set of promises from Hounslow to every young person in care.
- We promise to try to help you feel safe, happy, and be successful.
- We want to be fair, we will make sure you get heard when decisions are made and that you have time alone with your social worker.
- We know we can keep doing better and they promise continue trying. We will make sure you know about your rights.
- We promise to sure someone tells you about any responsibilities you have, in a way you can understand.
- We will make sure all young people know about the Pledge.
- Your health is important. Hounslow promises to make sure you get what you need when you need it. Even if you don’t live in Hounslow.
- We will make sure that foster carers are given lots of training and support and also make sure that we work together to keep you safe.
- We will try to make sure that we give you information about your new placement and if we can make sure you are part of choosing your new home.
- We will help you know about activities you can get involved in and to travel inside and outside of the UK if you want to.
- If you get into trouble with the Police we will try to make sure there is an adult you trust or knowto help you.
- We will give you access to free leisure. We will help you get a bike and safety equipment if you and your carer agree.
- If you are in education, we will make sure there is support for you to achieve your best.
- If you need equipment for your education, we will help you get it.
- We will help you learn to drive if this will help you with your future.
- We will put the correct amount of money in an account for you so when you turn you can use that money for your future.
- We will make sure that you have access to a passport wherever possible.
- If you wish to, you will have access to a mentor or advocate.
- We will ask you to give us your opinion on how we are doing.
- We will celebrate the things that are important to you.
- We will support you to have access to a pet, if it is allowed where you live, and if you show you are responsible to take care of it.
For more information please contact Adriana - Children in Care Participation Worker
Who to contact
- Adriana Thomas
- 020 8583 2316
The role of this directory is to provide information. It is your personal responsibility to make sure that organisations are appropriate and safe for you, your child or young person before they attend. Please read our guide to staying safe - things to consider