The FSD is an online directory of local information and services including childcare and early education providers, activity clubs and community organisations offering information and support services for parents with children and young people aged 0-19.
This directory is maintained by Hounslow Family Information Service in line with the government’s statutory duty for local authorities to offer a range of information to families and ensure that the information is open to all parents and practitioners who might benefit from it (Section 12 of The Childcare Act 2006).
If you are simply looking for information on services and activities then no, you can view the directory at any time. There is no need to register any details.
However, if you are looking to advertise your services on the directory, then you will need to register for an account in order to submit your service information. There is no charge for this.
The Hounslow Family Services Directory is for the benefit of helping parents to support their children by listing local information, advice and services for children and young people aged 0-19.
In view of that, we will only accept and dislay information where the service is specifically for the benefit of children and young people in Hounslow.
If you are unsure whether your service can listed, please email or call discuss before submitting a record for approval. FIS can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8583 3470
The content of the services on this directory are provided by the organisations listed, not by the London Borough of Hounslow.
The role of the directory is to provide information. Even though a club, activity or service is included, it does not mean it is recommended by the London Borough of Hounslow, or that we have checked its quality. You must check directly with providers that the service meets your requirements.
Links throughout the directory to external websites are provided for your convenience and inclusion of any links does not imply endorsement or approval by the Council of the linked site, its operator or its content.
Users that have registered and have a service listed on the directory can log in at anytime to update their information. All active record holders are contacted at least once a year to update their information.
FIS work hard to maintain the directory to the highest standard possible, but responsibility for the accuracy of the information rests with the providers. If we do not have any communication from a provider listed within a 12 month period, their information will be removed from the directory.
If you come across a service listed where information is incorrect, please do let us know at email@example.com
You sign up and become a registered user (all you need is your e-mail address and a password) which then means you can update your listing as often as you like.
All that we ask is for you to keep your information up to date so the information on the directory remains accurate for all parents of children and young people in Hounslow. We will contact you once a year to remind you to log in and update if you haven’t done so in that time.
How to create an account
- Click on ‘My Account’ and then ‘New User? Create an account’. Fill in the details requested and Register your account.
- You will be sent an email with an activation code and prompted to enter that code on your screen. (please check your spam/junk if you don't receive the email)
You will be taken to the sign in page to enter your email and password and then see a welcome back message.
- Click on provider updates and "+add new service".
- Work through the form adding all relevant information before clicking save where you should be sent back to the Welcome Back screen with the message ‘Your record has been saved and sent for approval’. Please note, the record will not immediately appear live. It will be reviewed by FIS and then published.
You will receive an email from us advising you that your record has been accepted and published. If you do not hear from us within 2 working days of submitting your information or experience any problems, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8583 3470
All registered childcare providers (excluding childminders) in the London Borough of Hounslow are listed within the childcare section of this directory. As childminders work from their own homes, they have the option to have their details displayed.
We contact each provider once a year to check the information supplied to us previously is still up to date. You of course can log into your account at any time during the year to update information. We strongly encourage this as staff training undertaken, vacancies and prices can change frequently. Remember, if you record the key details parents want to know on your listing, it will avoid uncessary calls to you
To log in to your account, you will need your user name and password. If you do not have one, please contact us at email@example.com before attempting to log in.
- Click on ‘My Account’ and sign in using your email and password.
- You should see a Welcome back message. Click on provider updates where you should see your named childcare provision. Click actions followed by update record
- Work through the form adding new or updating existing information.
- Ensure you click save where you should be sent back to the Welcome screen with the message ‘Your record has been saved and sent for approval’. Please note, the record will not immediately update, it will be reviewed by us and then updated.
We will send a confirmation email to advise you we have received and processed your requested changes. If you do not receive this within 2 working days of submitting your information, or experience any problems saving your changes, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org